Category: Interior Design and Decorating
So if you are really renovating your home or just changing the interiors then this time also consider the walls of the home as a part of your renovation or interiors. Generally while designing our home we miss on this aspect of interior designing. A wall can enhance the look of our home and it can become a vital part of attraction for our guests and friends.
Here are few ideas which can help you to design the walls of your home in synchronization with other interiors of the home.
- A large size painting or a family photograph can emphasize the look of the wall in your house. If you have a small space then such a painting or photograph can command attention and set tone of the space. You can add a painting or picture you like the most. Also you can opt for a black and white painting or picture. Opting for an artistic frame can also be a good option. Small photo frames or paintings on the walls can also serve your purpose. But again you should not overload the walls with too many paintings and photos, only because you like all of them. There must be decency while you hang your paintings or photos on the wall. Too much display on the walls may look messy.
- Display collection of art pieces or wall hangings. Create a gallery wall. This is a good option if you an art lover and an artistic person. Also you can display your collection up to the ceiling to create an illusion of larger space.
- Enhancing the look of the walls with bright and bold colors can be a good option. Using bright and bold colors or patterned wallpapers will enhance the look of your home. You can also transform your ceiling when you are thinking about the walls. By adding some of the above decorative methods to the ceiling can have a bigger impact in a small space.
- An embroidery piece of art or wall hanging will enhance the look of the space. It can also add softness to the space. Use of vintage textiles can also add to the look of the wall. When you use oversized painting or enlarged pictures it becomes very difficult to transport when you shift to a new house. But the vintage textiles are more easily transportable while shifting to a new space.
- If you are a book lover you can manage your book shelves on the wall. Floor space is generally covered with other furniture. So there is no scope for book shelves in any of the corners of the home. Small spaces can make things more difficult. Walls with floating book shelves look impressive.
- Chandeliers are a source of light. They without taking up the space on the floor bring in light and style. Chandeliers are eye-catching and they add to the look of walls.
- Mirrors can make your walls look amazing. A large mirror in a small space can make the space look bigger and brighter. Mirrors reflect light and make the home look lively ad energetic. You can hang a large size mirror or small mirrors with a saloon style.
- Another good option is hanging small plants on your window panes. You can hang wall mounted planters to add life to the walls. You thus add nature to your space.
- Try to put a big and bold calendar in your kitchen on the wall. This will help you to mark events or important dates and track your daily or weekly routine.
Those empty walls of your home can be turned into masterpieces. A few additions to your walls can make your home look stylish and eye-catching. With some unique ideas you can turn those blunt, blare and boring plain walls of your home into fascinating artworks. No matter what your taste and style is, your home can have walls according to your taste and style. Whether you are an artist or you are a book lover or you are just an enthusiast who wants a beautiful home, your walls can be personalized as per the things you adore and love.
Mindfulness is a state of calmness, being grounded, and being aware of your existence in the present moment. An old world practice arising from Buddhist and Hindu principles, mindfulness is a great part of the wellness culture that rules the modern society. Mindful decor is inspired from earthing, grounding woods and simple lines, natural fabrics and clean simple lines favoring uncluttered spaces.
Mindful decor begins with a simple principle that everything serves a purpose. Home decor that connects you to your roots or contributes to your home in a positive way. Handmade and rustic wood credenzas brings in good energy, and antique chakra carved cabinets draw in the energy of the sun.
Consider the function of the distressed teal credenza which serves as a statement media chest, the blue medley of colors and the grounding nails that take out the harmful ions and ground them to earth through the solid wood. Not only is it practical, and gives you a lot of storage but is handmade from old reclaimed woods that are reused and repurposed into beautiful furniture.
Reclaimed woods and handmade furniture cultivate a mindful space, and balance your home, are functional and bringing good energy. Being mindful of your inner self you meditate on your daily chores, and having a dedicated meditation space will help clear the mind and give you focus to know your inner self.
A stunning wall sculpture of Buddha carved in rustic natural woods or a colorful Krishna fluting, playing the music of life and giving you direction as you look into his peaceful serene eyes, the carvings call upon you to be mindful in your thoughts and actions. Cascading water in the nearby fountain with crystals scattered add to your serene mood.
Add color by thinking of your favorite place. The dark green of a lush rain forest or the endless blues of the ocean, the stunning bright sunlight or the glowing embers of a bonfire, colors that bond with your aura and permeate your being. Find these colors in the tribal spice chest with mirrors that is perfect for the hall or as an entry table. A mindful home sees beauty in every corner of the house. Soft and breezy sari curtains that allow sunlight into your home are playful and accent the colors of the spice chest. A large chai table made from old doors which still has remnants of old paint, patchwork sari pillows scattered around on the floor and a handloom cotton throw! Picture perfect and nourishing decor. Be mindful in thought and action!
Feeling at home transcends the actual fact of having a home to return to, or a roof over your head when you need one. The inward look of your residence takes as much importance as the structural design and surrounding.
So, you think your home doesn’t pass off the aura you want – or even more, a facelift is due and workable? Have your house give the allure you like from the choices of interior designs climbing the scale of prominence. Here are some interior designs that can give you the home you seek in your house
Since its major acceptance in the 1950s, the Scandinavian style has sporadically risen to prominence and has well been appreciated by the majority of homeowners who care about interior designs. The design has become so popular it’s almost in any Singaporean home, and even this doesn’t make it look too common either. Known to depict simplicity and affordability over a display of wealth, the design popularly consists of a mix of wooden and brick walls. Even better, it is very easy to maintain – just in case you want a design of content.
The industrial style, particularly, is regarded as the most popular style among Singaporean homes, and its popularity doesn’t seem like it will diminish either. It has more of an urbanized outlook and a utilitarian taste, giving it a sophisticated allure. Characterized by brick walls and cement flooring, this style can be quite expensive.
This design comes in a splash of different mixes to form a blissful remix. The eclectic interior design turns your home into a palette of the conventional design interspersed with a totally unconventional one, even adding together different colors and cultural makeups alien to one another – like a mix of Western and Eastern cultural designs in one place. The beauty of an eclectic interior design only shows if executed perfectly, otherwise, it’s a colossal waste and could be a terrible sight.
Why feel at home in your house when you can feel at a resort, in your house? This is the catch for anyone who wants a relaxing, cool, calm translucently engaging home to return to after a hectic day; a resort-inspired interior design. This particular design connects you more with the natural, characterized by natural-inspired elements and a lot of greenery. Even more, resort-inspired interior designs, if further, can help you smell and taste the feel of nature.
This has also become sporadically popular in Singapore. Similar to the Scandinavia design, the minimalist design is simple and uncluttered, created in a way to depict an aura of semi-apathy towards gaining and keeping material possessions, or being motivated by the same. Characterized by few spaces, basic, and materials almost maintenance free, this is also a design for the content.
Thinking of hopping on one of these designs or you need more choices to find the one best suitable? Go no further, we have you covered here.
Some people prefer painted walls over wallpaper but those people may be missing out on some real advantages of wallpaper. It seems that wallpaper tends to go in and out as a popular trend, but no matter if it is popular or not, here are 5 reasons why you should choose wallpaper for your walls.
1. Wallpaper Offers a Variety of Styles
With paint all you can choose is the color of the walls and if you are not handy with a paintbrush you usually choose one color. With wallpaper you have a ton more variety to choose from. You can pick from different patterns, textures, and colors. With wallpaper you have thousands of options to pick from, while with paint you are quite limited. With wallpaper the options are endless in what type you can choose for your home – you may be surprised at the types of wallpaper they make nowadays.
2. Wallpaper Can Help Disguise Imperfections
Wallpaper is a great way to hide any imperfections or uneven surfaces that a wall may have. You can easily take wallpaper and cover the wall so that a crack in the wall or a dent in the wall is not visible anymore. Wallpaper does a much better job at disguising things than paint does.
3. Wallpaper Displays Your Real Personality and Interests
If you happen to love boats, then you can easily express that interest in your life with wall paper. When you choose wallpaper for your walls you can truly express your personality and interests. No matter what thing or hobby that you want to show off, there is most likely wallpaper that goes with it.
4. Wallpaper can Improve the Appearance of the Room
Depending on what type of wallpaper you decide to go with, it can actually make a room look much better than before. Some wallpapers can make a small room look larger or can bring together the items of the room into a cohesive style. Putting wallpaper up on the walls is the biggest thing that you can do to change a room. If you choose a wallpaper that is pleasing to the eye and fits well with the style it can actually look much more appealing than just paint on the walls.
5. Wallpaper Borders Are a Great Option for Extra Style
If you are unsure if you want to paint or wallpaper a room, try painting and adding a wallpaper border to the wall. This gives you the personalized style and added character to the rooms but without the big commitment of wallpapering the whole wall. A wallpaper border in the middle or top of the wall is a great way to incorporate more of your sense of style in the room.
Wallpaper is a home decorating tool that is not going anywhere. It may always come and go in the décor trends, but there are permanent benefits to having wallpaper on your walls at all times.
Picking the kind of wallpaper to use not only depends on the liking of the homeowner, but also the location where the wallpaper will be installed, the amount of human traffic, those who will frequent the area and the activities that will transpire in the room. These factors must be taken into account when redecorating walls with designer wallpaper and wallpaper borders.
Low-traffic and low-activity areas like master bedrooms, dens, and babies’ rooms may be pasted with standard wallpapers since these areas are not prone to damage or stains. However, high-traffic and high-volume areas such as the kitchen, bathroom, and children’s rooms must be fitted with vinyl wallpapers and wallpaper borders, because they are easy to clean and are more durable than standard designer wallpaper.
As mentioned before, the design of the wallpaper also depends on those who frequent the area. The bedroom for instance, serves as a haven for every member of the household and for those whose room is to be wallpapered, they will most likely want to decorate their bedrooms to express their style and personality.
Teenagers are very creative – when it comes to decorating their walls, they tend to be very passionate in expressing themselves in nearly every aspect of their room be it the murals, wallpaper borders, or other wall decors. Teens typically like loud, animated wallpaper designs and murals. However, there are no exact trends in decorating a teenager’s bedroom since most of them will end up highly individualized in terms of colors and themes.
The nursery room is a peaceful place. As such, the colors and patterns of their walls should be very comforting but still exhibit vibrant, light colors. Colorful designer wallpaper, murals, and wallpaper borders that are based on nursery rhymes are a great decorative choice for nursery rooms. Do stay away from colors or pictures that are too loud for the little ones. Strike a good balance between colors and design for stimulation and comfort when choosing nursery room wallpaper.
For kitchens, the best way to enliven the walls is to use kitchen wall decor and wallpaper that match and complement each other. You can choose from a wide array of themes: country, American, contemporary, toile, and a lot more. Typical kitchen wall decor have farm or barn animals, cooking or silverware, topiaries, fruits and vegetables, flowers, clocks or jars. There are also those with French-worded recipes, Victorian motifs, lattice and other vintage-inspired designs. Faux finish designer wallpaper also goes well with kitchen counter tops. They should match the color scheme of the rest of the kitchen to create a classy kitchen look.
To give your bathroom the illusion of having a larger space, go for bathroom wallpaper that gives an airy impression. Colors like white, yellow, or any neutral colors can do the trick. A bathroom wallpaper mural placed on the largest wall also helps in making a small bathroom seem bigger. For standard bathrooms, the taffeta-themed papers are also a good choice since currently, they make up the latest wallpaper trend.
Modern wallpapers today cater to the needs and likes of every individual. If you are the kind to deviate from the norms, you can opt to hang wallpaper with fun-themed schemes in your den. Comic strip wallpaper and wallpaper borders in your kitchen can also give the place the reflection of being deviant. Wallies, a brand of wall embellishment that’s increasingly popular is also the perfect way to liven up any room. It is easy to apply and reposition, and can further personalize a room.
Walls truly play a central part of a home’s splendor. Wallpapers, if chosen well to fit harmoniously with the other fixtures in a given area, can definitely beautify the interior of an abode. The colors should match and complement each other so as to radiate that aura of beauty and style.
Today’s wallpapers are convenient and practical to use in case you want to renovate or change the appearance of your walls. You can choose from various widths (18 to 27 inches) of wallpaper in the market. A whole sheet of wallpaper can cover an area of 36 square feet but since walls too have different sizes, certain parts of the wallpaper sheet are trimmed so one sheet usually ends up with a covered area of about 30 square feet of wall area.
Wallpaper has indeed undergone important innovations. These days, if you are shopping around for wallpapers and related supplies, you can choose from a lot of wallpaper with extensive designs. There are wallpapers which need separate pastes so they can be attached to walls. There are also wallpapers which are pre-pated at the back, installers need only to remove the protective covering and the wallpaper is ready to be installed on the wall. Today’s wallpapers are also made of different materials depending on which type of wallpaper they are.
- A Common Wallpaper is one which requires the installer to apply adhesives at the back before it can be attached onto the wall. It is the classic wallpaper that adds grace and elegance to homes. Common wallpaper is ideally used in walls and areas where it is less likely to be damaged or worn such as in dining rooms, bedrooms and living room.
- A Foil Wallpaper can create a small area to be interesting with details on the walls. It is wallpaper made with a metal foil printed with a variety of patterns. This type of wallpaper requires serious and considerable amount of effort when being attached to the wall. Once folded or wrinkled, the foil wallpaper will not look very inviting. It also tends to reveal and show the flaws of the walls on which it was attached.
- The Vinyl Wallpaper has been replacing the Common wallpaper in popularity. This wallpaper may be used in variety of purposes; can be bought from paint hardware store and other home renovation shops. It may be used in almost any room of the house including bathrooms, kitchens and nurseries. Some vinyl wallpapers are manufactured with mildew resisting materials. It is easier to work with, durable and can endure some light scrubbing or exposure to moisture.
- The Flock Wallpaper is most commonly attached to the walls of dining rooms and more formal area which needs some decorative highlights. Flock wallpaper was originally made by gluing onto the sheet of paper some wool waste product. The loose flock particles must be vacuumed first before application. The flocks are washable yet may be damaged when rubbed or scrubbed.
- The Fabric Wallpaper is made from cloth and textiles. It is difficult to work with fabric wallpaper and prevent it from getting stained.
- The Grasscloth wallpaper is an exotic type of wall covering as it is made of grasses woven together. Areas or spaces where it is likely to get worn are ideal to be decorated with grasscloth wallpaper. Since it has intricate and interesting design, children are likely to touch it and thus result to possible wear.
- Advertising & Marketing
- Arts & Entertainment
- Auto & Motor
- Business Products & Services
- Clothing & Fashion
- Foods & Culinary
- Health & Fitness
- Health Care & Medical
- Home Improvement
- Home Products & Services
- Interior Design and Decorating
- Internet Services
- Personal Product & Services
- Pets & Animals
- Real Estate
- Sports & Athletics
- Web Resources